URBAN AMIGO ACN 162 590 365
Effective: 01 October 2018
“App” means the Urban Amigo web and/or mobile application used to provide You with Our Services;
“Application Video” means the promotional video uploaded on Our Site and/or Our App in respect of an Employment Opportunity;
“Employee” means an individual seeking to be hired as an employee or engaged as an independent contractor by an Employer using Our Site and/or Our App;
“Employer” means an entity using Our Site and/or Our App that is seeking to:
- hire an individual as an employee to be employed directly; or
- engage an independent contractor to be engaged by it directly;
“Employment Opportunity” means the opportunity for an Employee through our Site and/or Our App to be:
- hired as an employee by an Employer; or
- engaged as an independent contractor by an Employer;
“Services” means any of Our products and services (including, but not limited to, use of Our Site and Our App);
“Site” means Our website at www.urbanamigo.com ;
"We”, “Us”, “Our” means Urban Amigo Pty Ltd ACN 162 590 365;
"You”, “Yourself”, “Your” means all individuals including members, customers and other persons with whose personal information we deal, and any person, business, company or organisation accessing or using Our Site and/or Our App.
What personal information do We collect?
We may collect information about You when You visit Our Site or use Our App and Our Services, including, but not limited to, when You download and register for Our App, or when You register for one of Our mailing lists.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your contact details including Your first and last name, email address, address, phone number and mobile phone number, Your date of birth, driver’s licence, identification photo, Your location data or other information reasonably relevant to Our Services (including Your employment history, background, preferences and interests);
- Your financial information, such as Your bank account or credit card details (as required); and
personal information You provide to Us in relation to the Services
(including personal information You may provide through any
Application Videos uploaded by You onto Our Site and/or Our App)
which may include sensitive information such as:
- information or an opinion about Your racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union and criminal record; and
- health information.
When visiting Our Site, using Our App or accessing Our Services, We may also collect and store the following details:
- the IP address from which You access Our Site, Our App or Services;
- the date and time You access Our Site, Our App or Services;
- any third party website from which You linked to Our Site, Our App or accessed Our Service;
- statistics on page views, traffic to-and-from Our Site, Our App and Services; and
- other transactional information about Your access to Our Site, Our App or Services.
We may utilise "cookies" which enable Us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve You more efficiently if You revisit Our Site or Our App. A cookie does not identify You personally but it does identify Your computer. You can set Your browser to notify You when You receive a cookie and this will provide You with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
By accessing and using Our Site, Our App and/or Our Services, You consent to Us collecting Your personal information (including sensitive information and health information) to provide Our Services to You.
Information collected from other sources
We may also obtain personal information from other sources or third parties where You have provided specific consent for Us to collect Your personal information from such other sources or third parties through Our Site or Our App.
How do We use personal information?
We will use Your personal information for the purpose of providing Our Services to You. In the case of Employers, this includes, without limitation:
- disclosing the information You have provided to Employees;
- introducing to You and connecting You with specific Employees.
In the case of Employees, this includes, without limitation:
- disclosing the information You have provided to Employers, such as specific Employers, or Employers in specific industries, that You have nominated or Employers interested in offering You Employment Opportunities;
- identifying to You specific Employment Opportunities; and
- connecting You with Employers.
In addition to using Your personal information to provide Our Services to You, Your personal information may be used:
- to verify Your identity, respond to Your requests, and contact You when necessary;
- to provide You with news, information and material in relation to Our Services, including to notify You about updates to Our Site or Our App;
- to send news, information about Our Services and general promotional material which We believe may be useful to You;
- to monitor who is accessing Our Site or using Our App and Our Services;
- to profile the type of people using Our Site or Our App and Our Services;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and collecting debts);
- to improve Our Site, Our App or Our Services;
- to consider any concerns or complaints You may have raised; or
- to defend against any potential or actual legal claims arising from, or in connection with, any Employment Opportunities or Our Site, Our App or Our Services;
- as otherwise permitted by law (such as to comply with obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to mandatory data breach notification).
We will only use or disclose government related identifiers relating to You (such as Your driver’s licence) to the extent it is reasonably necessary for Us to verify Your identity in providing Our Services to You or as otherwise permitted by law.
By accessing and using Our Site, Our App and/or Our Services, You consent to Us using Your personal information (including sensitive information and health information) in the manner as described above in providing Our Services to You.
Third Party Services
Our Site and Our App may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties providers ( Third Party Services). These links to Third Party Services are provided for Your convenience only.
Third Party Services are not under Our control and We are not responsible for Third Party Services (including the suitability for Your intended use of the Third Party Services). We do not endorse or recommend any Third Party Services or any associated provider organisation or their product or services. You should make Your enquiries as to the suitability of any Third Party Service.
Third Party Services may also utilise cookies.
You are responsible for reading the privacy policies or statements associated with the Third Party Service.
To whom do We disclose personal information?
You agree that in order to provide You with Our Services, we will provide Your personal information to Employers. These will include Employers which You have specifically nominated, Employers in specific industries which You have nominated, and/or other Employers who may be interested in offering You Employment Opportunities.
Whilst dates of birth of Employees will be collected and disclosed to Employers, this is only so disclosed to enable Employers to take such information into account in relation to the genuine occupational requirements of certain roles.
We may also provide Your personal information to:
- Our related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth));
- parties that You authorise Us to disclose Your personal information;
- government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law;
- Our professional advisors; or
- other third parties as permitted by law.
By accessing and using Our Site, Our App and/or Our Services, You consent to Us disclosing Your personal information (including sensitive information and health information) in the manner as described above in providing Our Services to You.
Third parties to whom we disclose personal information may from time to time be located overseas, including Our partners and affiliates located in the United States of America and Employers. You consent to any such overseas disclosure and acknowledge APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosure.
We make all reasonable efforts to keep personal information which We collect and hold secure, however, We cannot, and We do not, guarantee the security of transmission of all such information over the internet.
Can I opt-out of providing personal information?
The provision of Your personal information is required in order to access, or use, Our Site and Our App, to enable Us to provide You with the Services or to contact You for marketing or promotional purposes.
In addition, We may still use or disclose that information if:
- We subsequently notify You of the intended use or disclosure and You do not object to that use or disclosure;
- We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions;
- to protect Our rights;
- to protect the safety of members of the public and users of Our Site and Services; or
- We are required by law to disclose the information.
Can I opt-out of promotional and marketing content?
You may elect to opt-out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications by contacting Us by email or telephone at the contact details below, or by any other simple means to opt-out We provide You. However, some of Our Services may include a direct marketing and promotional communications feature as part of the Service which cannot be removed and as such You may not be able to access or use some of Our Site, Our App or Our Services if You elect to opt-out of all direct promotional and marketing communications.
Data security, storage and retention
We will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information which we hold from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You should be aware that, when using Our Site, Our App or Our Services, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. We do not warrant the security of any information You transmit to Us over the internet and You do so at Your own risk.
We will destroy, delete or de-identify Your personal information within a reasonable time after the end of the period mentioned in the previous paragraph, unless We are required to retain it by law.
Access to, and correction of, Your personal information
We encourage You to update Us regularly with Your personal information to ensure We hold information about You that is up-to-date, accurate and complete. You may make a request for access to or correction of any personal information about You that We hold. We may request You to verify Your identity before processing Your request.
A fee will not apply to making a request for access or update Your personal information. A fee may apply and be charged for providing the information to You. The fee covers the cost to Us in collating, copying and providing certain information to You. We will only charge this fee where it is lawful for Us to do so.
In some circumstances, We may refuse to provide You with access to or correct Your personal information including, but not limited to, where:
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and the information would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- giving access would be unlawful;
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
If We refuse to provide You with access to or correct Your personal information, We will provide You with an explanation in writing. In some circumstances where We correct a record, We may still require the retention of the original record.
- postal address: PO Box 2198, St Kilda West VIC 3182;
- telephone: 0401 032 079; or
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that any complaint should be made in writing to Us in the initial instance. We will then respond to Your complaint in writing and in accordance with any timeframes required by law. We may request You to provide further information about Your complaint to duly assess Your complaint. If for any reason You do not wish to complain to Us initially or if We are unable to resolve Your complaint to Your satisfaction, a complaint may also be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.